Sunday, October 30, 2011

Self Care Goals

Believe me, I'm not totally over Holly's death.  But I am getting to the point where I am starting to get back to normal.  There have been some things I have been meaning to write down (that aren't related to Holly).  One of those topics is self care.


I realize that one of the main routes to high(er) self esteem is self care.  And I am aware that self care doesn't really have to be all that difficult, and yet I don't really do much of it.  And that which I DO do, I don't do on a regular basis.

So rather than write this list in my little notebook that I carry around with me, I decided to put it into words on my blog.  Some of this stuff may sound a little ridiculous, but even simple things escape me sometimes, especially in stressful times (like now).


  • Take a shower at least every other day.
  • Paint my fingernails occasionally and remove old polish when it starts to chip.
  • Keep toenails clipped and occasionally painted.
  • Apply Retinol cream under eyes every night.
  • Keep eyebrows groomed.
  • Re-vamp wardrobe.
  • Wash face before bed, even if it just means using those face wipe things.
  • Play around with clip in hair extensions I got.
  • Play around with makeup that I have and see if I can come up with a simple way to wear it on occasion.
  • At least wear mascara and lip gloss everyday.
  • Wear new, clean underwear every day.
  • Before I actually have time/money for my new wardrobe, wear the best outfits I can come up with with what's already in my closet.
  • Throw away any and all clothes/socks/underwear with holes or that just aren't flattering at all.
  • Wear more skirts/dresses.
  • Brush teeth every day, even if I am not going out anywhere.
  • Use sleep apnea machine (CPAP) every night.
  • Wear perfume everyday that I go to work, even if that means my supply is dwindling.
  • Exercise more, eat better.
So, obviously, some of these things are more important than others.  I'm not going to try to tackle everything all at one time, even though I feel like most people are able to do these things without consciously thinking about them.

The exercise and eating better are monumental, I know, but those that will probably be the hardest to change.  That would make my new wardrobe plan more exciting.  But whatever.  I need to work on the way I present myself outwardly or I will never feel better about myself inwardly.  I really, really can't wait to get some new clothes.

As for getting in the "mood" to wear dresses, I don't know how one does that.  I have dresses and skirts that are cute, but I can't seem to ever be in the mood to wear them.  It's just so much damned work.  I do need to get some slips and pantyhose...maybe if I just bit the bullet and got those things from my clothing budget, I would be more likely to wear the nicer clothes that I already own.


EDIT: SOME GOALS I FORGOT!  DUH!

  • Shave legs WAY more often.  Even though it's winter.
  • Floss more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment